Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday nights

I spent my friday night (after I got off work) doing two things:
  1. I decided to make black bean burgers.  I've really enjoyed eating more beans and less meat lately, so I figured I'd give them a try.  If nothing else, I figure I can make them taste like I want them to, plus have the added benefit of the burgers costing a lot less than a store brand. So I soaked the dry beans all day while I was at work, hoping they'd be almost ready when I got home.  Little did I know that in order for the beans to get soft, you STILL have to cook them for like 1-2 hours, in addition to soaking all day.  This put a dent in my plans, as I didn't get off til 7 and I was hungry then, not 1, 2, 3 hours later.  Anyway, I ended up cooking the beans and made the burgers in the evening.  I guess I'll try them tomorrow or Sunday.  Hopefully they turn out well!
  2. I decided to start on my project of MAKING A 3D MODEL OF THE LARYNX for anatomy.  Say what?!  Considering I now know the parts of the larynx though, this project doesn't seem nearly as intimidating as it did at the beginning of the semester.  With that said though, finding the supplies to build it with is kind of tough.  So far I have some PVC pipe, a toilet paper cardboard roll, and yeah....I still have some thinking to do.  I also realized tonight that even with all the random school supplies I bought before graduate school, I am still out of glue and scotch tape.  Major womp. I'm excited to see how awesome I can make this project though. :)
WHAT HAVE MY FRIDAY NIGHTS TURNED INTO?! ....and I'm not even in the bulk of my graduate studies yet, not even close....

Weird part is, I'm not overly upset about my laid back Friday nights pretending to be a chef and a sculptor/artist/scientist/whatever.  It kinda suits me well for now. :) In fact, this project isn't even due for another month and I'm anxious to finish it....who have I become?!

No comments:

Post a Comment