Wednesday, January 16, 2013

on to the next semester!

It's been SO long since I blogged last....

Last semester wrapped up nicely.  I was able to finish my "25 page paper," which came in at around 22.5 pages of actual writing.  I got a good grade on it so whatever.  I have to say that I learned a HECK OF A LOT of information while writing it for real though.  Glad I started it early on, otherwise I would have seriously struggled writing it the weekend of.

I ended up with great grades!  I got an A in each class, with the exception of audiology, in which I got an A-.  I was sort of okay with that though, because for some reason I really struggled initially in audiology.  

I'm trying to get straight A's again this semester naturally, so we'll see how that ends up.  I'm taking 5 classes:
  • Intro to Clinic/Observation hours:  I'm REALLY excited for this, just because I get to see more action in a clinic/school/wherever.  Basically I'm just pumped to see some more therapy.  There will be a LOT of journaling in this class, but I'll deal and be happy about it.
  • Research, part II:  This is just a continuation of the class I took last semester.  Basically I have to write a lit review.  I need to figure out what I want my topic to be ASAP.
  • Phonology and Language disorders:  This is the only true undergraduate class I am taking.
  • Swallowing/Feeding Disorders:  Really excited for this class, as it's the first actual graduate class I'm taking that has clinical applications (unlike research)
  • Speech Science:  Kind of dreading this one, it doesn't seem like a lot of fun, but I guess I shall see! 
I didn't actually count it out just yet, but with my estimations, I'm guessing that I'll do well over 100 pages of writing this semester.  CRAZY, but I'm ready to accept the challenge.  

On another note-- during break I got an email saying that us 3 years were going to be doing some screenings at a local clinic this semester.  I'm excited about this because a) it gives me something 'real' to do, b) it's getting into the hands on stuff, c) it makes my schedule a little more hectic and d) why the heck not?!  The first day is next Tuesday and I literally can't wait.  Also tutoring starts next week and this semester I'll have two clients.

This semester should certainly be interesting......

No comments:

Post a Comment